Friday, September 12, 2008

Time Flies.


It is hard to believe that I have just finished my third week or working at the Manti Market and that I have been living here this long. The longer that I stay here and get to know the people of Manti the more I can't imagine leaving. I absolutely love all of the co-workers and the people that I have met in my singles ward. I know, what a shocker...I like singles ward. There is just something about this ward that I love. Everyone that we have met in it so far has been so friendly. This past monday Ashley and I had a chance to go to the first Family Home Evening activity with just our ward and it was such a good experience. We played "get to know you" games and I have never had so much fun at a singles ward activity than I did at that one. We played the game where you have to name everyones name in the circle and then red rover... it was a very mature game of red rover since we are college students and all. During this and afterwards I had the opportunity to talk with and meet a lot of people. We were invited to a swimming party and to watch a movie at these girls dorms but it was already late and Ashley and I had work the next day so we had to pass. This was also a very good week at the Manti Market. I got to work this this girl named KD yesterday and it was probably the best day there that I have had. She was kind of upset about something when she first got there so I was determined to cheer her up. So for the rest of the work day KD and I shot rubber bands at various targets such as our co-worker Mitch, cigarette signs, and even a lady we weren't too fond of. KD was very grateful to me for teaching her to shoot rubber bands and for cheering her up. She turned out to be a person that I can get along with very easily and is now one of my favorite people to work with. Soon after I got home I realized that I had forgotten to get some things at the Market so I headed back and ended up staying for awhile to hang out with KD and Mitch. While I was there KD and I waited for the market to be empty and then we got on the conveyer belts and walked on them like treadmills. Now I can cross that off my list of things to do before I die. Who knew that working at a grocery store in a small town could be so much fun? I don't think i've ever had a job where I actually looked forward to going and being with my co-workers. I guess anything is possible in Manti.