Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Progression.





In my digital photography class at the college we were recently assigned the task of taking portraits. This seems like an easy enough assignment, but for me this is a challenge. The one area that I have struggled in photography is with portraits. The whole idea of bossing people around and telling them how to pose has been an obstacle since I am a shy person by nature. I had my first session yesterday which was actually not bad at all since I was able to take pictures of my niece & nephew. After reviewing my pictures I was able to see where I might improve which I can use when I shoot my next 3 sessions. I am hoping that through this assignment I will be able to progress as a photographer and not be timid about posing and working with people. We'll see who this turns out.

1 comment:

Adam and Jessica Cooley said...

I love these pictures! I love the backgrounds...we'll have to try some more there later. I'd like to get a couple of these printed in color to put in frames around the house. You're doing awesome!