Thursday, February 19, 2009

Making Something of Myself.




After returning to Arizona I once again enrolled in my beloved photography classes. As I have already accomplished photo I & II at the college level, I am now taking an independent study course where I complete one project over the semester that would be suitable for an exhibition. I have chosen to take portraits of my family members but these will not be your ordinary portraits. I am only in the infancy of this project but am coming up with ideas faster than I can shoot. Being back in the darkroom has reignited my love of photography, especially film which has long been a favorite over digital. A day or two back in class I was approached by my teacher to be a lab supervisor. I was currently job hunting so this was the perfect opportunity for me. Being paid to develop & print my pictures is definitely the perfect job. I am just happy to be back where I belong - in the dark with negatives & paper in hand.

3 comments:

Adam and Jessica Cooley said...

The picutres look awesome!!! I love the one of Grandpa. You are talented!

Anonymous said...

I was just looking at Grandpa's hand yesterday and wishing I had a picture of them.

Ashley said...

Jackie! You are so talented! I am glad your back into the photo stuff. Its definitely where you are supposed to be!